- Scope and sequence - 'At a glance' overview of what is in each Stage of Book 1.
- Understanding the CLC - The principles underlying the CLC, including the research and theory behind it.
- Structure of the CLC - A summary of the overarching storyline of all four books plus explanations of each component of the books.
Guides to Changes
- Stage changes - narratives and About the Language - Details of all the changes made to the Latin stories and 'About the language' sections in Book I.
- Checklists - A comparison of UK 4th and 5th edition Vocabulary Checklists.
- Vocabulary section - A guide to changes to the main vocabulary list found in the 'Language Information' section.
- Worksheet masters - Suggestions for using the 4th edition Worksheet Masters with the 5th edition: what will still work and what you need to change.
Book I Teacher's Guide print edition